Project Description:
I would use this with my 7th grade science class. I hope this image isn't to busy. My main focus is for the student to understand that water goes through a cycle of precipitation, evaporation, and condensation. Hopefully the graphic shows that idea and the text to the right should explain the 3 parts of the cycle. Let me know what I need to do to improve this image.
Revised Image:

Usability Comments:
Usability partner did not make a reply so I made my own corrections. I felt that the words Condensation, Precipitation, and Evaporation needed the color changed to white to match with the picture colors and make it more readable. The text to the right was white and therefore made it hard to read with the background.
Original Image:

Justification statement
The image isn't overly complex so it doesn't have a high Intrinsic load. The image isn't so busy that it causes the viewer to much of a visual load on the memory, or Extraneous load. (Chap. 3 pg. 52) Hopefully the image of the circle showing the water cycle will serve as a shape of Instructional function. (Chap. 10 pg. 250)
Hi Keith!
ReplyDeleteYour image is wonderful! I loved the revisions that you made. I liked how you edited the proximity of the items a bit and how you changed the color of the font, because it provides a clearer image. I also think that you made the right choice when darkening the blue of the cycle image as it eliminated the overlap from the mountains in the background, and made the cycle really stand out. It was also good that you changed the font from red to white on your cycle image to eliminate extraneous information.
I think that the cycle image is especially effective, as you combined the use of circles with the use of lines/arrows to demonstrate an on-going process.
When I look at this from a student perspective, the image is clear and and would stick in my mind to help me to learn the information, so I would say you completed the task perfectly!
Very nicely done!