Hi Keith,
I really love this image. The objects that you chose represent their concepts very well. I think that the image is perfect for your target audience is well. You did a great job with the proximity of the words and the images. I wonder if maybe you could change it so that all of the fonts are the same, but I’m not sure what that would do for the contrast in the image. It might be something you could play around with though if you haven’t already. I also think you might be able to get rid of the ellipsis after the words “States of Matter” just to give the eye one less think to focus on, because I think your title has good proximity to the rest of the image.
As far as the ESL students go, I actually think this image would appeal to them, because you chose very nice images to represent your concepts. I think that if you were to take out all of the words except the title, we could still infer what the 3 states of matter were just from the images, so I think you did a nice job making this accessible to all students.
Good work!
The contrast needed changing. All of the fonts were changed to the same size, color, and style. I made the title a little larger so it could be easily seen as the title and not part of the states of matter. I also changed the Proximity of the word liquid so it is closer to the image and is more easily attached mentally to the image. I believe this series of 3 images with 3 words is a good example of Instructional Typography since it uses only 3 words and 3 pictures to explain an idea that will be used in a 7th grade science classroom with an ESL student.
No comments:
Post a Comment